We Upgrade Old Electrical Wiring
When it comes to your wiring, old, worn out, or outdated lines can make your home unsafe, your electric bills spike, and your systems less-than-efficient. Because the electrical wiring in your home is rarely, if ever, put through an electrical inspection, it could be in dire need of an update, a service we highly recommend for homes older than 40 years because:
- The 1960s and 1970s used aluminum wires
- 1940-1950 has ungrounded nonmetallic cable
- The 1930s used knob and tube wires
All of these are now known to be safety hazards. Even if you know your home is wired with regulation wires, these wires begin to fray and form loose connections with regular use over time.
In addition to providing another level of safety, upgrading you wiring also increases your electrical system’s reliability and functionality, reaching beyond the average regulations and providing you with the power you need for all of your devices, appliances, and lights. In the long run, you will save money on the project, as well.
If your home isn’t receiving enough power, it’s time to contact the specialists at Wright Electrical Company. With over a decade of experience and the training and knowledge you need, we can upgrade your old wiring effectively and efficiently.
Many times there are warning signs that present themselves to let you know there is a problem brewing with your electrical system. Are any of these symptoms of outdated wiring and electrical panel giving you problems?
- Appliances running at lower power
- Appliances need to be unplugged in order to run a different appliance (microwaves and automatic coffee makers can actually tax an older system quite a bit)
- Electrical wires that have melted
- Frequently blown fuses
- Frequently tripped breakers
- Breakers that don’t trip when they should
Our service area extends through Monterey County, San Benito County, and Santa Clara County. Contact us to schedule a local electrician to take a look at your electrical wiring. We guarantee all of our electrical installations and repairs.